Car Rental Partners
Why Choose Us?
We challenge you to find cheaper! Our rates include unlimited mileage, one-way fees and roadside assist*. Why pay more?
We have around 20,000 depots around the world. We offer a great range of vehicles at competitive prices, from the most reputable suppliers
We provide 24/7 service while you're on the road. You can also call 1800 761 192 , leave a message, and we'll return your call.
Planning Your Trip
Portsmouth is a large city in the county of Hampshire, on the south coast of England. Historically, Portsmouth plays a major role in British history, especially naval. The rich historical heritage in the city offers a variety of activities to the visitor such as the Historical Dockyard which houses some of the most historical warships in the world, HMS Victory, which was Lord Nelson's flagship used at the Battle of Trafalgar in 1805 and the Mary Rose, a Tudor-era warship. The City also offers excellent shopping facilities located in the Gunwharf Quays complex, home to a variety of designer stores including Ralph Lauren, Hugo Boss and Barbour as well as the striking 557 ft landmark Spinnaker Tower which offers excellent views of the Solent and City. Portsmouth also has two cathedrals, including the Romanesque-style Portsmouth Cathedral, twelve museums, most of which are free, and two theatres offering plenty of other attractions to visit. Aside from its rich Naval Heritage, Portsmouth is also known for its literary history as the birthplace of Charles Dickens, the famous Victorian era novelist and the pioneering engineer Isambard Kingdom Brunel. Other famous figures to have lived in Portsmouth are HG Wells, Arthur Conan Doyle and Rudyard Kipling. Musically, the city is well served by three musical venues The Wedgewood Rooms, Guildhall and Pyramids which regularly host major musical and comedy acts.
Compare Cheap Portsmouth Car Hire
Try our simple-to-use booking engine to compare car hire deals in Portsmouth. Type in your pickup and drop off locations & other information required and we'll immediately provide you with some quotations. Whether you're after an economy Portsmouth car hire, or a luxury Portsmouth rental vehicle, we have the perfect deal for you. Our low cost car rentals are provided by well-known suppliers such as Avis, Hertz and Europcar, but we can often provide better car hire rates!
Avis, Budget, Thrifty, Dollar, Hertz, Europcar, Sixt, Alamo, National & More!
London is the capital of the United Kingdom and a sprawling metropolis offering endless opportunities to anyone traveling within her boundaries. From traditional English food to historical landmarks to modern attractions, it is not possible to see the whole of London within a week. It was at one time, the world’s largest city and although it no longer holds that title, it is still a popular destination for over 14 million international travelers each year.
10 Travel tips for London
• London has an oceanic climate so snow usually appears between December to February and the hottest months are between June to September. Rainfall typically happens from October to January.
• The vast landscape of London is split into districts; central areas are classed as the City of London, City of Westminster, Chelsea and Kensington
• Canary wharf is established as the financial and commercial hub of London
• The West End is the place to head to for shopping and entertainment
• The Mayfair district has the largest amount of luxury hotels and restaurants.
• There is no typical style of architecture in London because of an influx of foreign influences throughout the centuries. Many buildings were also rebuilt after the great fire in 1666
• The largest parks in the area are Hyde, Regent and Kensington.
• Regent Park is also home to London Zoo. While you are in the area, check out the nearby attraction of Madam Tussaurds Wax Museum.
• London is one of the most expensive cities in the world so anyone traveling on a budget, will need to be careful with daily allowances.
• Cycling in central London has made a comeback and it is often quicker to get around the city using this method than normal transport.
• The British Museum focuses on human history around the world. It is the largest collection totalling over eight million artefacts. It opened in 1759 and mainly followed the path of British colonization. These days it is also a national library holding over 150 million books.
• The Tate Modern Gallery receives over 4 million visitors every year. Located in the Bankside area of London, works of art held within the walls date from 1500 to present day.
• Located at Trafalgar square, the National Gallery is an art museum that opened in 1824 and to date is home to over 2000 works of art from the mid-13th century to present day.
• The Natural History Museum is in South Kensington and its focus is on the life that inhabits our planet. They have over 70 specimens from the field of Zoology, Botany and Palaeontology.
• The London Eye is the tallest viewing point from which to see the city of London. Even though it only opened in 1999, it has become one of London’s most popular attractions. Officially called the millennium wheel, it was built to mark the end of the last century.
Portsmouth Rental Locations
UDrive Car Hire
The car rental was a really easy experience. The car was excellent, and the GPS a crucial item. Drop off was easy (right next to my hotel). A very simple experience overall, my family and I were very happy. D. Baragwanath, Australia